*Mexico Travel Blog: Scroll to the bottom to head straight to my Mexico guides – Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Cozumel and Tijuana guides coming soon*
Disclosure: This Mexico Travel Blog may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As always, all opinions are my own and I would never post about something I have not personally used/verified.
What To Expect When Visiting Mexico
Mexico gains a bad reputation sometimes from the media over the years. I would not let this stray you from this country – Mexico is BEAUTIFUL! I have been to many areas of Mexico all offering something different – Cozumel and its turquoise beaches and perfect snorkeling, Puerto Vallarta with its stunning villas and party scene, Cancun with its beaches, big resorts and party scene, and Tijuana with its culture. My detailed itineraries and guides will come soon on these areas but I highly recommend visiting each and every one (Tulum and Mexico City are next up on my list, too!).
Mexican Peso. $1 USD is equal to about $18 Pesos.
Spanish! But in most of the areas in Mexico everyone speaks decent English because of its proximity to the USA!
Tips For This Mexico Travel Blog
- For all of my travel/packing essentials I bring on any trip compiled together, head to my influencer page on Amazon here for a complete list or my descriptive carry-on packing guide here!
- Travel Insurance: When visiting Mexico, I highly recommend getting travel insurance. You never know what may happen to your flights, a death/personal emergency in your family, or an accident happening while traveling (think: getting mugged, falling while hiking and spraining your ankle, literally any accident than can happen ANYWHERE!). World Nomads makes it super easy and I never leave for a trip without getting their insurance. Most importantly it’s extremely affordable: get your World Nomads travel insurance before your trip here!
- Find out how to spend one day in Ensenada Mexico, especially if you are on a cruise.
- Looking to go to Puerto Vallarta? Check out the best 33 things to do when visiting PV!
- Heading to Cancun? Check out this perfect day trip from Cancun to Mujeres Island.
MEXICO TRAVEL BLOG: CITY GUIDES (Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Cozumel and Tijuana) COMING SOON!
No post found
Some emails suck. Mine don’t. Sign up to be the first to see my new travel itineraries and secret insider travel tips and hacks only my email subscribers get! I promise I will never spam you!
About The Author
Rachel Shulman is the owner of From East To West and a seasoned traveler having been to 45+ countries and no intention of stopping soon. She is obsessed with planning and specializes in creating detailed, efficient travel itineraries and guides so you don’t have to when planning your next destination.