*United Kingdom Travel Guides: Scroll to the bottom to head straight to my London travel guide or keep reading to see what to know and expect when visiting the UK and travel tips for the UK*
Disclosure: This United Kingdom Travel Guide may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As always, all opinions are my own and I would never post about something I have not personally used/verified.
I visited the United Kingdom in September while my sister lived there for work. While visiting the United Kingdom I spent 5 days in London and took a half day trip to Windsor Castle – which I highly recommend. Great Britain is an amazing place and I cannot wait to go back to London, to explore everywhere I missed, and to take more trips exploring the countryside.
Check out the United Kingdom travel guide below to know what to expect! Still not sure if you want to go?
- Check out 5 reasons to visit the UK!
- Also you’ll be on the next flight after looking at these amazing castles you can see in the UK!
What To Expect When Traveling To The United Kingdom
The best part of visiting the United Kingdom, at least from America, is its proximity. It is such a drastically different culture (and country and continent) than America yet it is as easy to get to as the other coast of the USA. London is pretty similar to New York in the sense of being a big city and you will find higher prices here more than anywhere else. Everyone here is extremely nice and I loved this bustling city. Going outside of the city to the countryside in the United Kingdom is even better and more gorgeous as well.
The Pound! As of late 2022, it is about 80 pence to $1 USD.
If you’re coming from America you have it easy with the language but you will never get sick of hearing that amazing accent. Luckily it is all in English so regardless of where you are coming from it will be easy to get around.
Other General United Kingdom Travel Guide Tips
- Don’t forget your Student ID for some good tourist discounts at all of the most popular tourist spots in the city.
- I love love love Virgin Atlantic Airlines. My favorite airline to fly, I wish they flew more places! Their customer service, fleet, food and more are top notch. Highly suggest flying Virgin Atlantic when visiting the United Kingdom!
- Packing: For all of my travel/packing essentials I bring on any trip compiled together, head to my influencer page on Amazon here OR for a complete list of my descriptive carry-on packing guide here!
- Travel Insurance: When visiting the United Kingdom, I highly recommend getting travel insurance. You never know what may happen to your flights, a death/personal emergency in your family, or an accident happening while traveling (think: getting mugged, falling while hiking and spraining your ankle, literally any accident than can happen ANYWHERE!). World Nomads makes it super easy and I never leave for a trip without getting their insurance. Most importantly it’s extremely affordable: get your World Nomads travel insurance before your trip here!
UNITED KINGDOM CITY ITINERARIES
Like this United Kingdom Travel Guide? Pin it for later or share with friends!
Some emails suck. Mine don’t. Sign up to be the first to see my new travel itineraries and secret insider travel tips and hacks only my email subscribers get! I promise I will never spam you!
Rachel Shulman is the owner of From East To West and a seasoned traveler having been to 45+ countries and no intention of stopping soon. She is obsessed with planning and specializes in creating detailed, efficient travel itineraries and guides so you don’t have to when planning your next destination.